Welcome to my digital abode! May your stay here be entertaining... I am Mihnea, a 40-something living in Amsterdam. I was born in the highlands of Bucharest, Romania in the 80's, witnessed the fall of Communism a few years later, went to school and became hopelessly addicted to technology, then discovered the big wide world and decided to settle in the Netherlands.
Where next? Only time will tell, but if I learned one thing it's that life has a way of taking all of us mice and men by surprise, so I try to enjoy the ride with an added grain of salt.
A few coordinates:
- I am a bright, which means I have a naturalistic worldview, free of supernatural and mystical elements.
- I am a vegetarian with vegan aspirations — I don't eat animals for mostly ethical reasons, and try to avoid animal products whenever possible.
- I try to avoid labelling my political views as I don't think they fit the simplistic "left-right" classifications — I rather prefer a multi-dimensional approach. That being said, I basically abhor the extremes and lean most towards a balanced centre, with a preference for minimal government that wouldn't intrude in people's private lives, while being conscious that the anarchical free-for-all society envisioned by some libertarians is a crude and ineffective form of organisation.
- The opinions expressed on this site are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer’s view in any way, whoever they may be.
- My thoughts, ideas and beliefs evolve over time, and as a blog is intended to provide a semi-permanent snapshot of a point in time, out-of-date posts should not be construed to reflect my current thoughts and opinions.